Saturday, March 27, 2010

Welcome!

To fellow ‘Hobbit’ fans (books and movies!), scholars and anyone else who might happen to stumble across this blog - hi, and welcome!

My first attempt at blogging is an attempt to share any significant developments and findings of from current PHD project. Right now, both blog and PHD are in the early stages, but I’m already getting a good sense of ’hot topics’ being discussed by Hobbit fans. I won’t be using this site to post every news article regarding the production of The Hobbit (there are already countless sites out there that are doing just that). What I will be doing is updating my blog as I proceed with my examination of the fan sites and discover new and exciting things about the way fans are interacting with those sites, and each other’ in the build up to the two-part Hobbit movie.

For starters, you can read a more detailed description of what my project is about in the following post…

No comments:

Post a Comment